Received royal blessings from Oloola-Ilara in Council
Extend Courtesies and receive royal blessings of Kabiyesi Onimeko and Onidofa
Received reports of activities of different towns’ Central youth bodies, presented reports of YYA conference, Courtesy visits, Scholarship, Free Jamb, etc, and adopted 2024 action plans.
To the glory of Almighty God, Yewa Youth Association holds February 2024 meeting of the Association at the palace of Oloola of Ilara-Yewa.
The meeting had in attendance Seventy-eight (78) youths who represented different towns’ Central Youth bodies/Organisations from all local government areas in Yewaland.
At the meeting,
- We were blessed with an inspiring royal message from the Oloola Ilara-in-Council led by Asiwaju of Ilara and Babaloja of Ilara. The Council prayed for the youths who have come from far and near in the interest of Yewaland’s development. They noted that parts of the testimonies he listened to at the meetings suggest Yewaland is blessed with young people passionate about its development.
- We received reports of activities from different towns’ Youth organizations and charged all to be more enthusiastic towards the development of their towns and Yewaland; continue to have regular youth meetings and initiate developmental projects. We implored those who have not established a central youth body to do so or call for our assistance anytime to help out to achieve this or concerning any matters development.
- We presented reports of 2023 activities and the Yewa Youth Leadership Conference reports and updated members on reports from the Yewa People’s Development Council (YPDC) including the Yewa Cultural Festival.
- The committee handling other YYA projects such as (a) Yewa Youth Career Talk for Secondary school students in Yewaland; (b) Yewa Youth Stop the Crime Campaign in the secondary schools and Artisans meeting places/workshops across Yewaland; were reconstituted and charged to do more and request assistance where necessary.
- The meeting directed the President and his executive to strategies to relate with different structures handling Federal and State government projects to locally source for Artisans in facilitated projects across Yewaland to help our youths and others benefit to youths of Yewaland and YYA.
- The meeting directed all youth leaders to continue charging youths of Yewaland to continue being the best, and diligent in their undertakings, and be more patriotic and passionate about their father’s land development.
We look forward to your usual support and guidance to bring this lofty idea to fruition. Some of the photographs at the meeting are as below.
Thank you, Sir.
Com. Abdul-Jabar Ayelaagbe
Yewa Youth Association