The Paramount Ruler of Yewaland, His Royal Majesty, Oba Dr Kehinde Gbadewole Olugbenle, MFR has formally announced the approval of Conferment of Pan-Yewa Chieftaincy Titles on seven distinguished sons and daughters of Yewaland, as a follow-up to the meeting of the Yewa Traditional Council held on 28th September, 2021 where the approval was given by the Obas.
Oba Olugbenle disclosed on Saturday in Ilaro that the Chiefs whose nominations have spanned between Five and Ten years and their titles include:
- Otunba Akeem Adigun( Socopao) as Apagunpote of Yewaland.
- Her Excellency, Alhaja Salimot Badru, Beere of Yewaland.
- Senator Solomon Adeola, the Aremo of Yewaland and his wife, Mrs Temitope Adeola as Yeye Aremo.
- Alhaji Ibrahim Dende Egungbohun( IBD), the Oluomo of Yewaland.
- Chief Dele Oderinde, the Tayese of Yewaland.
- Prince Adewale Adesina ( Saranda) as Babaloja of Yewaland, and
- Chief Isiah Akinsowon as Majeobaje of Yewaland.
The Paramount Ruler said the chiefs were carefully selected by the Yewa Obas on the basis of their outstanding contributions to the socio-economic development of Yewaland and mankind in general and their sterling qualities which have endeared them to the Obas and people of Yewaland.
Oba Olugbenle said the exercise, which shall be done periodically to honour more outstanding personalities who have contributed immensely to the development of Yewaland, is in line with the Chieftaincy law of Ogun State which confers on the Paramount Ruler the authority to confer Chieftaincy Titles on personalities so qualified.
He said the formal celebration of the chiefs who have been issued their certificate of conferment, with their families, friends and other well-wishers, shall be held at a later date subject to arrangements between the Obas and the respective chiefs.
The Paramount Ruler congratulates the new chiefs on behalf of all Yewa Obas and urge them to rededicate themselves to the development of Yewaland and see themselves as worthy Ambassadors of Yewaland in their public conduct and character.
Prince Femi Dokunmu
Media Consultant to the Paramount Ruler.