Today, 6th of April, 2023, in Abuja, AIG Kayode Egbetokun, who enlisted into the Nigeria Police Force as Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police on 3rd March 1990 was decorated with the rank of Deputy Inspector-General of Police, DIG, by the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkali Baba.
Egbetokun has worked in many commands, Formations and Departments of the Foce, and has held the following various sensitive positions within the Force:
1. Chief Security Officer to the governor of Lagos state between 1999 and 2005.
2. Commader, Lagos state special anti crime outfit, The Rapid Response Squad (RRS) Lagos.
3. Commander No 5 Police Mobile Force Squadron (MOPOL 5) Benin, Benin city.
4. Officer in Charge Anti Fraud section, FCT Command CID Abuja.
5. CSP A, Lagos state Command, Lagos.
6. Area Commander Osogbo, Osun state.
7. Area Commander, Gusau, Zamfara state.
8. Commandant Police Training School, Ikeja.
9. Deputy Commandant, Police College, Ikeja.
10. Commissioner of Police SERVICOM, F Department, FHQ, Abuja.
11. Commissioner of Police, Explosive Ordinance Disposal, EOD.
12. Commissioner of Police Kwara Command.
He has attended several courses both locally and internationally, including but not limited to Close Protection Course in the UK. Squadron Commanders Combat Operation courses both at Desert Camp Gwoza and Forest Camp, Ila.
Egbetokun has also participated in the Global Conference in Chemical Security and Emerging Threats held at Lyon, France, in 2018.
The latest DIG is a proud alumnus of the prestigious University of Lagos, Akoka where he bagged the first degree in Mathematics in 1987, masters degree in Engineering Analysis and a certification in Computer Programming and Electronic Data Processing.
He also holds the Masters of Business Administration degree (MBA) of Lagos state university, Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Economics from Delta State University.
DIG Egbetokun just completed the PhD program in Peace and Security Studies at Alhikma University, Ilorin.
His last posting was Assistant Inspector General of Police, AIG Zone 7, Abuja.
Before his elevation to AIG, he was the CP (Admin) Police Hospital, Falomo. DIG Egbetokun is from Erinja Orile in Yewa South Local Government Area of Ogun State, thus by his side during the hanging of the new rank is The Paramount Ruler of Yewaland, Oba Dr Kehinde Olugbenle MFR.
He is happily married with children.